Computer Aided Diagnosis Software
An industry leader and technology innovator, Riverain Technologies applies proprietary pattern recognition and machine learning technologies in the creation of software applications for use globally in the health care industry and beyond. The Ohio-based company has developed practical solutions to save and improve the quality of people’s lives through the early detection of disease. The company’s ClearRead software enhances the expert skills of radiologists to improve patient outcomes using standard chest X-ray, without additional radiation dose or procedures for patients.
The ClearRead Suite features products based on Riverain's Bone Suppression software, which transforms a standard X-ray image into a soft tissue image, taking ordinary X-rays to extraordinary levels. Because it makes lung nodules more conspicuous, ClearRead Bone Suppression also is reducing the time it takes to read and interpret some X-ray images, he added.
- 401K Approved
- ClearRead Bone Suppression - Formerly SoftView, this application increases the clarity of chest X-rays by suppressing bone on digital images and revealing the soft tissue
- ClearRead Detect - Formerly OnGuard, this application identifies areas on a chest X-ray that may be early-stage lung cancer
- ClearRead Confirm - This application highlights lines and tubes on portable chest X-rays to enable faster, more confident evaluation
- ClearRead Compare - Formerly DeltaView, this application illustrates density changes between current and prior chest X-ray images
VolparaDensity is in use at sites across the globe helping radiologists assess breast density more objectively and helping them better consider who might benefit from additional screening. Highly correlated to breast MR assessments, VolparaDensity generates an objective, automatic measurement of volumetric breast density and a FDA cleared BI-RADS breast density category.
Breast tissue density has not only been linked to an increased risk of cancer, it also decreases the sensitivity of the mammogram and thereby may impact early detection. Thirty-five percent of breast cancer goes undetected by mammography in women with dense breasts, as density masks the appearance of tumors (Boyd et al 2007, NEJM). Since both dense breast tissue and cancer appear white on a mammogram, finding cancers can be analogous to looking for a snowball in a snow storm.
- Volpara Density - breast density assessment software which analyzes any digital mammogram and produces objective results that can be used by the radiologist to help determine breast density
- Volpara Dose - accurately measure and monitor patient-specific dose given by your mammography and tomosynthesis x-ray units to ensure safe function and allow your dose tracking systems to have a complete record of patient radiation dose
- Volpara Analytics - assists in quality assurance by monitoring critical elements of the mammography process
- Volpara Research - an easy-to-use, volumetric breast density measurement tool for researchers, capable of quickly analyzing tens of thousands of patients
“Utilizing VolparaDensity allows us to remove the subjectivity from the evaluation of breast density to be more consistent in our measurements, from time to time, image to image, mammogram to mammogram, and radiologist to radiologist,” said Jean Weigert, M.D., FACR, director of Breast Imaging at HOCC. “This consistency means our screening process is more accurate for our patients. For example, if we base decisions to perform more testing on subjective values, we may include women who do not need supplemental imaging and exclude women who do. This automated, volumetric density measurement tool helps ensure that the proper women are being evaluated in a proper, consistent manner.”